Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pity Party, Party of One!

So yesterday was rough, I went to the doctors for a check-up and they had to get my height and weight.  Normally I just turn around and close my eyes while the tiny little Medical Assistant silently judges (in my mind that's what she's doing) my alarming weight.  However, this girl didn't just look at the number and write it down, oh now she said it out loud.

"5'3 and 1#0 pounds!"

The number was about 10 pounds more than I actually thought I was and I was heartbroken.  So.. what did I do as soon as she left the room?  I checked the "fat chart" to see how I measured up and came to one conclusion

I am Obese, not just overweight, OBESE!!

No joke, I wanted to start crying and almost broke down right then and there in the doctor's office.  However, my actual doctor came in to finish the rest of the appointment, so I had to save the pity party for the car ride home. I have a fantastic 20-25 minute pity party and was really getting into it when I pulled into the driveway at my dad's house (I stay with him a few nights a week).  

Well, my dad was not about to allow my pity party into his house and we sat down for a nice heart-to-heart.  I gave him every excuse I had, my work schedule, long commute, Ian's eating habits, Ian's Schedule, I don't like the gym, I can't get away during lunch, I don't have time to cook, I don't like cooking, I don't like working out, etc.  His advice was very "old Asian Man"

The most beautiful coral is found in the roughest part of the ocean, not where it is calm.
The coral in the calm part of the ocean is white and bland
Basically, the best things in life take a lot of effort.

So, I'm still not happy and I'm still throwing a silent pity party.  However, I did wake up at 6:30 this morning to run 3 miles while my dad was on the elliptical, so I guess that's progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment