Monday, February 25, 2013

Welcome to Adulthood Becca!!!

This past weekend my youngest sister, Becca, turned 18 and has officially become an adult.  At the risk of sounding like a parent, she grew up way too fast and I'm not quite sure how it happened.  One second I was fighting with Jillian over who got to hold the youngest Bassi Girl for a family photo, the next she was graduating elementary school, then middle school and now she is getting ready for her high school graduation and getting into almost every school she has applied to (2 more left!). 



 So, despite the cold and snow, Ian and I made our way into Boston to joing Becca, a few friends, my dad, Jules and Wes to celebrate Becca's birthday with a little something from Mike's.  Ian didn't need much convincing to go out, a) he LOVES Mike's and is always ready to go into Boston for  Red Velvet Cheesecake or Whoppie Pie and b) Becca is like a little sister to him and he would do ANYTHING for her.  It's amazing to know that my fiance and youngest sister (all my sisters actually) get along so well, but I really to chalk that up to Becca.  She is such an open and fun-loving person it's hard not love her.  <3

As soon as I walked into Mike's and saw her and her friends all dressed up for a day out in Boston, I did what every amazing big sister should do: I SCREAMED Happy Birthday and watched her face turn beet red.  Honestly, it was fantastic and I only wish I had someone managed to get everyone there to start singing to her! Hmm... maybe next year ;)

After stuffing ourselves with dessert, dad took the girls home, Jules and Wes went out to dinner (Christmas Gift from Becca) and Ian and I grabbed some food at the Hard Rock Cafe.  We then went home to finish our desserts in front of the TV while we watched the Oscars. What a fantastic Sunday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment