Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Graduation and Father's Day

What a fantastic weekend!  We had perfect weather (despite my burn), had a great time with the family, managed to run/walk 4 miles, and capped it off with the girls coming over for dinner.


Tried to get a picture of her giving the speech!
Saturday morning started with chaos around my apartment as Wes, Ian, and I all tried to get ready to head up to NH for Becca's graduation.  I wish I had a camera because Ian + Wes = the most adorable thing ever.  I love that these two get along so well, it makes me so happy and I feel so lucky! 

Becca's speech (she's the co-president of the NHS) was perfect.  She managed to bring mom into the speech in a way that people who knew her understood, but to everyone else it was just a nice quote.  Her speech actually brought tears to everyone's eyes and she still managed to make everyone laugh, I was so proud!

After graduation, we all went back to the house for a family BBQ and pictures.

Becca and her brothers, LOVE!

Her cake!

Family photo time!
After the BBQ, my dad, Jillian, Nonni and I all piled into the car and did a little house hunting.  Yep you heard right, Ian and I are house hunting!  I'm so excited and nervous to finally get out of the apartment situation and own my own place.  I cannot WAIT to be able to paint walls, change the flooring, park wherever I want, have whoever I want over, not worry about the noise, have my own backyard, and most importantly have something Ian and I can really make our own.  Sadly, we haven't found anything yet but I haven't (completely) lost hope, we'll find something!

Instead of chopping and stacking wood on Sunday, our Father's Day tradition, the family got muddy at the Ruckus Run.  This is the 3rd year I've done it and I honestly cannot think of a better family bonding experience.  It's amazing to me that we were able to complete a 4 mile mud run; going through mud, running up and down hills, scaling walls, tackling cargo nets, and navigating through very muddy wood trails.  We were laughing and joking the entire time, we didn't worry about our time and waited for each other after every single obstacle. Then we took our medals and free food and drove home smelly and exhausted.

The Bassi Bunch after finishing the muddiest course we've seen so far!!!
After taking a shower, as you can see I was covered in mud and smelled terrible, I relaxed for a few hours before getting dinner ready for the girls who were coming over for dinner.  It was the perfect end to an amazing weekend.  We ate delicious food, including black bean and avocado brownies, drank some wine, and caught up.  We've all left Pearson and all live in different areas so it's always nice to get together.  Sometimes it makes me sad that we don't live closer or all work together, but when we chat and I see how happy everyone is, it just makes me smile.  It makes me smile because despite the fact that it take a bit of coordinating and a lot of effort, we LOVE getting together and making plans.  It's a rare quality to have in friends, normally when you move away you talk every now and then, but these girls are different and I'm so grateful for them!  Plus I'm seeing them this Friday for Book Club, yay new books!








No comments:

Post a Comment