Friday, December 7, 2012

These are a few of my Favorite Things!




Okay so it's been a little over a month since my last post, which is good because my life is busy again, but wrong at the same time because I made myself a promise.  So while I'm spending a Friday staying in, cleaning the apartment and getting laundry done, I've been convinced to update my blog with my favorite moments of the past month.

Weekend of October 19th: Fall Foliage, Gossiping Girls and Book Club Beginnings
Our Shaker Get-a-way Home
During one of our many girls night outs/get togethers my girlfriends and I decided that we HAD to plan a much needed weekend away.  We decided to take a quick drive over to Putney, VT for a weekend of Sangria, cooking, hiking, shopping and all around girl time. 

The girls and I in downtown Putney
Saturday we went on a shopping excursion and found ourselves in a used bookstore scouring shelves for books we've been wanting to read.  We spent well over an hour looking through the shelves, making recommendations to one another and each left with an armful of books.  When we started talking about borrowing each other's books, we came to the decision that we would start our own book club.  One where instead of all of us reading the same book each month, we would bring a few books that we recommended reading and then lend them out.  So far we've met twice to swap books, I'm now obsessed with GoodReads and I have fallen back in love with reading.

Weekend of November 10th: Finding the Perfect Venue

Castle in the Clouds
 With the holidays right around the corner I am feeling the pressure to pick a venue and date before the rush really begins.  Since Ian works weekends, my dad volunteered to come with me one weekend and look at a few places.  Honestly, I thought the weekend was pointless, I knew where I wanted to get married, have known since I was 13: Castle in the Clouds.  It's a gorgeous house built in 1913 on top of a mountain with a GORGEOUS view of the lake.  However, the reality of having my wedding at the Castle was devastatingly disappointing, the space was too small, the coordinator was a bit of a biotch, the food was eh, the bridal space was too small for 8 (yes 8) people and their inclement weather option was cramped and not happening. Needless to say I was heart broken, especially since both my dad and Ian agreed.

However, I did find a fantastic and absolutely PERFECT alternative, Church Landing at Mills Falls.  Since we have so many people coming in from out of state it's the ideal location for visitors.  I absolutely LOVED Hollie, the coordinator and the entire setting is absolutely gorgeous.  Walking around the property made me realize two things, I will get my fantasy wedding, and my dad will do anything for me and I am so grateful for him.  I know it is going to be a big expense, but I love throwing parties and I only plan on getting married once in my life, so if I want to have a beautiful view of Lake Winnipesaukee and a gorgeous ballroom to celebrate with friends and family, why not?  I can't wait for September 14, 2012, when I walk down the aisle towards Ian, the glittering water behind him and surrounded by friends and family!!!

Weekend of November 24th: How the Grinch Stole... Thanksgiving?
Family at the Wang after the Grinch
Thanksgiving is my all time favorite Holiday for a number of reasons.  1. The Feaster Five, a 5K at least one person in my family has run for the past umpteen years. 2. We have it at the lake 3. EVERYONE cooks 4. NOONE fights 5. It's an all around great time filled with laughter, cooking mishaps and taking time to be thankful for your life.  We have this tradition (I'm sure most people do) where we go around the table saying what we are thankful for.  It always reminds me how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life.
Every year my dad buys my sisters and I tickets to go see a Holiday show, the Rockettes, A Christmas Carole and this year we went and saw the Grinch.  The last time we saw the Grinch was with my mom for her birthday, so the show had an extra touch of meaning to it this year.  After the show my family came back to my apartment for some food and to celebrate my birthday!!!  I finally got a Griddle, Jillian made a set of Wine Glasses for me and Victoria and Becca gave me a scrapbook for my wedding.  I loved every single one of them and I've already use the Griddle 3-4 times.

December 2nd: Celebrating My Birthday with Ian

Since Ian works nights we weren't able to celebrate my birthday on my birthday, he took me out to Boston on Sunday.  We don't get to spend that much time together because our schedules are so opposite, he works the overnight shift and weekends while I work week days.  It was so nice to spend some time together walking around Faneuil Hall, jumping in and out of stores, holding hands and enjoying ourselves.
After watching the Christmas Light Show for the third time, dancing may have been involved, we went over to the NorthEnd for some Al Dente.  Not before we stopped off at Mike's for some dessert to bring home with us.  It was a perfect way to celebrate turning 27 and I wouldn't change anything about it.

Well, there you have it, a snap shot of my life since my last blog post.  It's not a complete list, that would take forever.  I'll try to be better in my postings, I promise!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment