Friday, May 3, 2013

The Butterfly (Bird) Affect

One of my favorite movies is the butterfly affect.  Surprising I know, especially considering how much I LOVE romantic comedies and old-school Disney movies.  I honestly love movies that make you think and make me wonder what is actually going to happen at the end (unlike rom-coms and Disney flicks.). 

What does this have to do with me and my Golden Moment of the day (read few weeks as I haven't posted in a while)? I'll tell you...

  • Spring is finally here, which means that it's actually nice and sunny in the morning
  • This should mean that I'm actually getting out of bed to run since my excuse for not doing so during the winter was because it was gross, dark and cold in the morning
  • As it turns out... I'm just lazy and don't feel like climbing out of bed instead of getting 20 more minutes of sleep
  • What it does mean is that Ian and I now sleep with the windows and door open to get some fresh, cool air while we are sleeping 
  • You would think that this would mean that the sunlight would wake us up in the morning, however we have those thick shades that completely block out the sun so it's nice and dark while we sleep. 
  • However, the gorgeous spring weather also brought us the perfect alarm clock in the form of a freaking CHIRPING birds.
  •  Seeing as how I cannot sleep through the annoying noise of birds demanding attention in the tree next to our window, I actually got out of bed at 6am and went for a run
  • Coming back from the run I was actually energized so I was able to shower, eat, do my hair, and leave 15 minutes early for work.
So let's review, spring, cool air, open windows, chirping birds, morning run, nice hair, WORK ON TIME!!!

Even though it's Friday and there's absolutely nothing going on at work today, it was nice to walk in on time and not feel the need to make some stupid excuse as to why I was late.  Also, I have a friend who just moved here from JMU :) and we made plans to go out and celebrate tonight.  Instead of being upset that I won't have time to workout and do my hair/get ready, I'm wondering where we should go!

So, thanks spring for bringing the open windows and birds because I'm so ready for 5:00!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment