Saturday, October 13, 2012

Night Time Corn Maze: It's Out of This World!

In the middle of the maze
 When I was younger I got lost in a corn maze, what started off as a joke on my parents quickly turned into a terrifying experience.  After spending what seemed like an hour running through the rows and rows of corn stalks, I finally made it out with tears streaming down my face.  15+ years later I have this mind boggling obsession with throwing myself back into the middle of the corn by navigating a corn maze.  So, when a Groupon for a Flashlight Corn Maze in Ipswich, MA popped up in my inbox, I jumped at the chance and began seeing who else was up for the challenge.
Kaitlyn carrying our "save us" flag


And so last night, flashlights in hand, Kaitlyn, Jay, Jules, Wes, Lauren, Tim and I entered the Space Exploration Maze to gather "clues" and find space themed drawings.  First stop was a quick video tutorial in which an enthusiastic cowboy told us the rules of the maze

1. No running through the maze
2. No picking the corn
3. No cutting through the corn
4. Do not break the ribbons outlining the path

5. No foul language



Looking for the boys
We quickly lost ourselves in the maze with all the twists and turns of the various paths we chose to take.  Hidden throughout the maze were the clues and images you would either write or rub onto the guide we were handed at the beginning of the maze.  The path was pretty narrow and so we have to walk single file for the most part.  About 45 minutes into the maze, Jules turned around to talk to Wes and Jay who were being very quiet... because they were no longer there!

The girls
After wandering around for a while, we finally had the bright idea to call them.  As it turns out, they had taken the wrong turn, gotten lost and somehow ended up on the bridge we had been trying to get to.  We spent the next half hour trying to get to that bridge, which is not an easy task since we couldn't seem to leave the area: frustrating and hilarious at the same time.  

Needless to say, we finally met up with them and then slowly made our way out of the corn maze.  Finally making it out 2.5 hours after we entered the maze, we found all but two clues and two pictures.  I'm completely hooked and I can't wait to do it again next fall!

Victory!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment